Liz Barnet Fitness and Nutrition, established by Liz Barnet, offers individuals the opportunity to pursue highly effective, research-based and results-driven fitness and lifestyle coaching. A detailed fitness program is developed and individually tailored to the goals, abilities, and limitations of each client.
As a client of Liz Barnet Fitness and Nutrition, you will participate in a comprehensive initial assessment and movement screen to determine your baseline levels of cardiovascular fitness, strength, and flexibility. When appropriate, body fat composition will also be assessed. Armed with this information, a game plan with specific goals and reassessments is created to gauge your results over time.
Goals may include: lose weight, gain muscle, improve body composition, increase athletic ability, cross train for other sports or activities, increase range of motion/flexibility, strengthen core, gain energy, reduce pain/discomfort.
Each session, whether in a private or group setting, involves a combination of the following pillars of fitness: myofascial release techniques and movement preparation, corrective exercise and movement patterning, strength training, cardiovascular training, and flexibility. A great detail of attention is paid to proper form and technique, safety, and results-driven work.
Certifications and experience include:
• American Council on Exercise®, Personal Trainer (CPT)
• Aerobic & Fitness Association of America®, Group Fitness
• Power Pilates® in Beginner Mat and Intermediate Mat
• Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Sonic Yoga
• Smart Workout, Pilates Reformer
• Pre/Post-natal by Annette Lang/Equinox Fitness Training Institute
• PowerPlate Level 1
• TRX Suspension Training System
• Kettlebell Athletics Level 1 and 2
• American Heart Association® (HeartSaver CPR, HeartSaver AED)
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)