Liz Barnet Fitness and Nutrition, established by Liz Barnet, offers individuals the opportunity to pursue highly effective, research-based and results-driven fitness and lifestyle coaching. A detailed fitness program is developed and individually tailored to the goals, abilities, and limitations of each client.
As a client of Liz Barnet Fitness and Nutrition, you will participate in a comprehensive initial assessment and movement screen to determine your baseline levels of cardiovascular fitness, strength, and flexibility. When appropriate, body fat composition will also be assessed. Armed with this information, a game plan with specific goals and reassessments is created to gauge your results over time.
Goals may include: lose weight, gain muscle, improve body composition, increase athletic ability, cross train for other sports or activities, increase range of motion/flexibility, strengthen core, gain energy, reduce pain/discomfort.
Each session, whether in a private or group setting, involves a combination of the following pillars of fitness: myofascial release techniques and movement preparation, corrective exercise and movement patterning, strength training, cardiovascular training, and flexibility. A great detail of attention is paid to proper form and technique, safety, and results-driven work.
Liz’s extensive background in personal training, group fitness, Pilates, yoga, and corrective exercise enables her to work with clients with varying degrees of experience and ability.
Certifications and experience include:
• American Council on Exercise®, Personal Trainer (CPT)
• Aerobic & Fitness Association of America®, Group Fitness
• Power Pilates® in Beginner Mat and Intermediate Mat
• Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Sonic Yoga
• Smart Workout, Pilates Reformer
• Pre/Post-natal by Annette Lang/Equinox Fitness Training Institute
• PowerPlate Level 1
• TRX Suspension Training System
• Kettlebell Athletics Level 1 and 2
• American Heart Association® (HeartSaver CPR, HeartSaver AED)
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)